Friday, July 2, 2010

A Little Disappointed...

As I've said in previous posts, I much prefer Java Brewing Co. brewed coffee hands down over Starbucks, but I still frequent Starbucks from time to time, simply due to their saturation in the market. I've been wanting to try some of their new food selections for awhile (I've been a huge fan of their "perfect" oatmeal for years) so while heading to a meeting in northern Kentucky, I stopped at the location off I-71's exit 16 to order one of the new English muffin sandwiches. I chose the one with turkey bacon...trying to be a good girl here. :-) While the egg was perfectly done, not overcooked and unbelievably tender, my enjoyment of the sandwich was way below what I expected it to be. The turkey bacon was the shelf-stable type that is sold at Kroger's. Thin, not much flavor, and the texture and consistency of construction paper. I liked that the English muffin was whole wheat, but the cheese was just weak. I think there's more flavor in a slice of Velveeta. I was expecting something more like Panera's breakfast sandwich, with a powerful slice of white or yellow cheddar. If Starbucks would do that, I might get the sandwich again. As it is, I think this was just a one-shot deal.

No comments: