Friday, July 31, 2009

Cooking for one...

The hubby being out of town isn't always a bad thing. I get to branch out in what gets prepared in my own kitchen! Tonight, I feasted on seared scallops, risotto with asparagus and peas (I also added a 1/4 cup shredded mint), and cucumber and tomato salad. I also picked up a bottle of Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc. I have to say, I learned my lesson about preparing the scallops in a non, non-stick pan! Stainless steel is NOT the way to go. Either that, or I did something really wrong. :-) While the risotto didn't turn out as creamy as it normally does (I dumped too much broth in on the last addition, destroyed the perfect consistancy I had going) it was still really, really good. The mint may sound like a weird addition, it was excellent.

No comments: