Sunday, October 12, 2008

Starting a trend?


One for the history books...

A few weeks ago, I was out to dinner at a local establishment (names are being omitted to protect the guilty) with my husband and a couple of our friends. Our server came up to take our drink orders; she was young, seemed sweet and nice, etc. My husband ordered what he calls, "the hard stuff"...diet Coke. I ordered one of my regular beers, a Blue Moon. The server's response to this order was, "what's that? Liquor?" Right then, I knew it would be a long night.

I looked at her incredulously for a moment, smiled and said yes, that it was a beer and the bartender would know what to do. "OK!" was the response and off she went to fill our orders.

When she came back, she passed out the drinks, handed my husband a straw...and then handed me one saying, "I didn't know if you needed a straw to drink that with or not, so I just thought I'd bring one."

We all just looked astonished at each other. When she was out of earshot, one of our friends said he'd pay for the beer if I drank it with the straw...

I paid.

No comments: