Sunday, October 12, 2008

Let the posts begin!

I am not tech savvy, I don't have the latest gadgets, and I couldn't care less that I don't. But anyone who knows me, knows that I talk about food...a lot! So I am breaking out of my Web 1.0 shell and dipping my toes in the big, ol', scary 2! It will be a bumpy ride, I guarantee it!

This being my first post, I wanted to start off on the right foot. When it comes to myself, I am a perfectionist, I wanted this to be funny, witty and enjoyable for all who stumble across it. So I did my research. I've been surfing other blogs the last few days, something I have never done, and I discovered something...the bar ain't that high!

Don't get me wrong, there's some creativity out there. But there's quite a bit of idiocy and scariness, too! I also noticed that whenever I found a "food" blog, it turned out to be mostly about wine. While I love wine, I do not have the finances to pay $50 on a bottle when I am the only one in my house who would touch it (my husband doesn't drink and I've finally gotten our chihuahua to put down the bottle.) Even dropping $20 a bottle when I get one glass and then forget the bottle is in the back of the fridge seems like a waste. Therefore, I have taken to experimenting with beer, and there is a world of tastes out there. Many wine aficionados would turn up there nose and sniff with disdain. Their loss. Beer has come a long way from the days of only having Budweiser and Natty Light to choose from (take a second for the chills of disgust to subside.)

Besides all that, I am, after all, in Kentucky. And Kentucky means BOURBON! Anyone knowing me and reading this is probably laughing right now. I am a true bourbon girl. I'm talking straight up, no water, no ice, no nothing. Bourbon as it was meant to be. So to be short, this blog will contain topics on any and all things edible, as well as the places to go to get them. Let the eating begin!

No comments: